When it comes to Lakorns, I rarely (and until this year), never watch currently airing programs. It’s just not worth it just yet for me, being there’s so much material already released and also because subs are virtually unreliable or the pace too slow for easy weekly or binge viewing. Therefore, it wasn’t until early this year, that I finally finished the two most popular series releases of last year Three Musketeers and The Gentlemen of Jutathep.
Both I greatly enjoyed for different reasons but found that the Gentlemen left a much larger impression on me, not only through their stories but by way of its series’ soundtrack. Now that I’ve seen my favorite parts of the series an innumerable amount of times at this point, I thought it was about time, I shared a little of my Jutathep love with you along with the entire soundtrack.
Suparburoot Jutathep (The Gentlemen of Jutathep) is a series of five consecutive stories based on a collection of novels about a set of five brothers in 1950’s Thailand. Each novel and correlating drama focuses one brother, his life and his love.
The music as well is crafted for the period and love story of each brother it depicts. To say that each brother has his own soundtrack wouldn’t be a stretch, for like all dramas there is a “signature” love song or score. However, this drama’s production team chose to use the same opening theme, “Rak Tae Yoo Neua Gaan Wayla,” with five different renditions and artists .
Initially, I felt I’d get tired of hearing the same song (if you’ve heard one, you’ve heard them all) but I actually liked each cover, for the sprinkle of flavor given by each artist and their reflection of the central character. However, my favorite has to be Dome Jaruwat’s version, with Crescendo as a close second (which can both be viewed separately below).
- Pop Pongkul (Khun Chai Taratorn)- 0.00
- Dome Jaruwat (Khun Chai Pawornruj)- 2:29
- Jetset’er & Rose Sirinthip (Khun Chai Puttipat)- 4:42
- Gun Napat Injaieua (Khun Chai Rachanon)- 7:32
- Crescendo (Khun Chai Ronnapee)- 9:43
Suparburoot Jutathep Ost Track List
- รักแท้อยู่เหนือกาลเวลา (Rak Tae Yoo Neua Gaan Wayla): ป๊อบ (Pop Pongkul)
- ลมหายใจเท่านั้นที่รู้ (Lom Hai Jai Tao Nun Tee Roo) : บี พีระพัฒน์ (Bee Peerapat)
- เก็บรัก (Keb Ruk) : แนน วาทิยา (Nan Watiya)
- รักแท้อยู่เหนือกาลเวลา (Rak Tae Yoo Neua Gaan Wayla) : โดม (Dome)
- ยอม (Yorm) : ณรงค์วิทย์ (Nueng Narongvit)
- ฉันรักเธอที่เป็นแบบนี้ (Chun Ruk Tur Tee Bpen Baep Nee) : น้ำชา (Namcha)
- รักแท้อยู่เหนือกาลเวลา (Rak Tae Yoo Neua Gaan Wayla) : ที Jetseter feat โรสTee (Jetset’er feat. Rose Sirinthip)
- เธอจะรักฉันหรือเปล่าไม่รู้ (Tur Ja Ruk Chun Ror Plao Mao Roo) : แหนม รณเดช (Naem Ronnadech)
- โปรดถามสักคำ (Prode Tarm Suk Kum) : แพรว คณิตกุล (Praew Kanitkul)
- รักแท้อยู่เหนือกาลเวลา (Rak Tae Yoo Neua Gaan Wayla) : กัน นัภทร (Gun Napat)
- เอื้อมไม่ถึง (Aum Mai Tueng) : หนู บูซู (Noo Buchoo)
- เผลอใจ (Pleua Jai) : ลูลา feat พิจิกา (Lula feat. Pijika)
- รักแท้อยู่เหนือกาลเวลา (Rak Tae Yoo Neua Gaan Wayla): Crescendo
- อย่าบอกฉันว่าให้ไป (Yaa Bawk Chun Wa Hai Bpai) : ชิน (Chin Chinwuth)
- ยอม (Yorm) : ณรงค์วิทย์ (Nueng Narongvit) (Light version)
- รักแท้อยู่เหนือกาลเวลา (Rak Tae Yoo Neua Gaan Wayla) : Crescendo (Acoustic Version)
***Download entire album (with bonus track)
And of course there was no way I wouldn’t add all of my favorites, which are songs that I found to not only be lyrically appropriate, but tonally perfect for the stories in which they were placed. I’m already a sucker for big band and ska, but this song by Be Peerapat (here), hit me hard with its sax solo and throaty vocal delivery. Namcha’s “Chun Ruk Tur Tee Bpen Baep Nee” is by far my favorite but The Sun’s Light by โดม จารุวัฒน์ Dome Tantayaporn(below), is hypnotizing and haunting, making it spot on thematically.
There are some songs that buzz around your in head and don’t go away, some that nestle themselves in your brain— this last track became the second to do that in this entire series and I knew I had to have it. Unfortunately, it wasn’t included on the officially soundtrack but there’s no way I’d pass up the chance to share it. Enjoy the music and lyrics below. I’ve also added the track to the download above (see bonus track).
There’s no sunshine.
Why must you go away,
Leaving me here alone?
How I miss you
With loving heart so true!
That’s why I feel so blue.
What’s the good of
Days without the sun,
Or peaceful nights
Without the moon?
No more blue day.
Whenever I meet you
Then all my dreams come true.
Gloomy blue day,
When you are far away,
Why must we be apart?
Dear, I love you
With all my heart, I do
That’s why I feel so blue.
Skies are so grey,
Cloudy up above,
Dear won’t you please
Come back to me?
No more blue day.
Again the sun will shine.
That day I’ll make you mine.
There are tons of fan videos made for favorite couples but this MV was just a cute compilation of them all, giving you a tiny taste for those that are intrigued about these Gentlemen and their ladies.